Category Archives: BB pair ending
He was a participant of four zonal FIDE tournaments (1954–1982) and many international tournaments.
- 1962, he tied for 1st–2nd in Sofia.
- 1966/67, he tied for 1st–2nd with Dragoljub Čirić in Reggio Emilia.
- 1968/69, he tied for 1st–4th in Reggio Emilia.
- 1973, he won in Tunis.
- 1974, he tied for 1st with László Szabó in Dortmund.
- 1975, he won in Bucharest.
- 1979, he won in Satu Mare.
- 1980, he won in Călimăneşti.
- 1981, he won in Val Thorens.
Ciocâltea died at the chess table, while playing a chess game at a Spanish tournament in September 1983.
Hajbok,R (2339) – Fodor,T jr (2503)
Italian 6.h3 h6[C50]
30th Ciocaltea Mem 2013 Bucharest ROU (10.5), 24.03.2013