Category Archives: Short N
More on the Sigeman 2012 Tournament
Some background(Swedish language)
More on Sweden
GM Rapport kept the queens on for the maximum tension playing the white side of a g3 Nimzo-Indian. He was finally rewarded for persistence in the sharp QR-QR phase when GM Short loosened his king’s position and allowed a devastating attack.
Rapport,R (2674) – Short,N (2681)
21st Sigeman & Co Malmo SWE (2.2), 23.05.2013
White has a strong attack going. What do you recommend for white now?
GM Czebe played an exiting (and unexplainable) game against GM Short.
White’s king has been caught in the center. What do you recommend for black?
Black to Play
- 32..Qxg7(win the pawn and grind out the P+ with no risk)
- 32..Qg4+(go for the kill right away)
- 32..Qc4+(go for the kill)
- 32..Qf6(go for the kill with …Qf3+)
- 32..Qd8(go for the kill)
- 32…b5(stretch the defence using the b-pawn to create a second front)
- 32…h5(give the king an escape hole first before going to the attack)