Category Archives: Italian Game
He was a participant of four zonal FIDE tournaments (1954–1982) and many international tournaments.
- 1962, he tied for 1st–2nd in Sofia.
- 1966/67, he tied for 1st–2nd with Dragoljub Čirić in Reggio Emilia.
- 1968/69, he tied for 1st–4th in Reggio Emilia.
- 1973, he won in Tunis.
- 1974, he tied for 1st with László Szabó in Dortmund.
- 1975, he won in Bucharest.
- 1979, he won in Satu Mare.
- 1980, he won in Călimăneşti.
- 1981, he won in Val Thorens.
Ciocâltea died at the chess table, while playing a chess game at a Spanish tournament in September 1983.
Hajbok,R (2339) – Fodor,T jr (2503)
Italian 6.h3 h6[C50]
30th Ciocaltea Mem 2013 Bucharest ROU (10.5), 24.03.2013
Here is Petra Papp’s tough rd9 game.
Papp held her own in the early part of the game playing aggressive and creative defence. In the ending, small inaccuracies cost the game.
Grigoryan,K2 (2531) – Papp,Petra (2280)
Italian 9.h3 Ne7[C54]
29th Open Cappelle la Grande FRA (9.29), 02.03.2013
White has just infiltrated with 38.Rh7 and it is up to black to find an accurate defence. How should black defend?
The pawn structure says it all. How should white proceed?