GM Erdos,V(2640) in the AUT-TCh 2012-13
From TWIC 939
Erdos scored 2.5/3 in the AUT-TCh 2012-13. One of his games is featured. Erdos is one of the many rising stars of Hungarian chess.
Hungarian Grandmaster (2007). World U14 Champion in 2001. Hungarian U18 Champion in 2004.
- Zalakaros Open 2006,
- 1-4th; Budapest FS06 2007,
- 1st; Open championship of Hungary 2008,
- 2nd; Neckar Open 2008,
- 2-10th; Hungarian championship 2009,
- 4-6th; Berlin GM 2009,
- 1st; Balaton Open 2009,
- 1-4th; Gibraltar Open 2011,
- 4-17th; Zalakaros Open 2011,
- 1st; Trieste Open 2011, 1st.
TCh-AUT 2012–13 Hohenems AUT (2.1), 03.11.2012
The ending has been reached and white is pushing hard. How should white continue? Improve the king? Open a second front on the kingside? Is there a hidden tactic? Or something else perhaps?